Re: oil change

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: oil change
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:36:35 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>

>>  I have never used Kroil,  mostly because they don't sell it in stores.<<

The "Kroil" people usually have a "deal" going and they'll send you a free
aerosol can of "Kroil" when you buy a liquid half-pint for $4.50.  Check it
out:

https://www.kanolabs.com/

They have some convincing testimonials but I don't know of any accurate
comparison test to show what's good or not.  I _did_ see  "Kroil"   help
extract head studs from a Jag V-12 after the mechanic had twisted off
several using other products.  (the studs run through the coolant)

I've always liked to get people talking about penetrating oil . . I've
worked a hundred mechanics and I've run into some amazing favorites:

Coca-Cola
brake fluid
diesel fuel
iodine

My current homemade "squirt" is diesel fuel with about 1/8th ATF . . prolly
as good or bad as any!

Tony in Texas