RE: Post hole diggers

To: "William Hook" <wghook@earthlink.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Post hole diggers
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:49:40 -0400
Behalf Of William Hook wrote:

> I would recommend being very careful digging out a
> rotted post by hand.... about 20+ years ago, I had
> a very rotted 4x4 post that was set in concrete and
> I used a trowel and chisel and what ever was available
> to get it all of it out, but the rotating motion of
> my wrist caused a lot of permanent damage.

Not to worry.
I plan to do as little as possible by hand.  8)  8)

My posts are just set into the dirt - no concrete.
It's just that I know that a couple of them are still
pretty solid (and deep) - the ones broken by the tree
falling - while the others are pretty rotted (I'm
hoping a power post hole digger can cut through them).

Tim Mullen