Re: Post hole diggers

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Post hole diggers
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:30:20 -0800
Tim,

I would recommend being very careful digging out a rotted post by
hand.... about 20+ years ago, I had a very rotted 4x4 post that was set
in concrete and I used a trowel and chisel and what ever was available
to get it all of it out, but the rotating motion of my wrist caused a
lot of permanent damage.  I am still plagued with the problems in my
wrist that started that day and have pain even now when I am just
drawing or painting.  I have had occupational therapy, which has helped
but,.... all I need to do is put up some drywall or get the power drill
bit to stick and throw me off of the ladder to bring it back to full
force.....
Just a personal experience but be careful and use any power tools you
can... even a good drill with a throw away auger bit that would chew up
most of the old wood would help....Good luck
Bill Hook