RE: Engine hoist question

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Engine hoist question
From: "Lyn Fatt, Brian A" <brian.lynfatt@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:42:53 -0400
On mine that I bought locally, it is usually down within
48 hours. That was when it was brand new.  I have since
used a pipe to wedge between the bottom of the jack and
the arm and while the pipe gets slightly bent, it does
hold it up. the engine I'm holding up is a small 1.5
liter econobox engine. It comes out to get the timing
belt and seals changed every 60k miles.

Brian
brian.lynfatt@eds.com