Re: Engine hoist question

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Engine hoist question
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:25:40 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <Eric@megageek.com>

> Tony, (or someone else)  maybe you can help me with a problem.  I've got a
> hydraulic drive lawn tractor (Hustler 275).  Recently, the one wheel
> starts to 'shudder' when it's under a heavy load.  (Like if I'm going up a
> hill.)  The wheel pulses instead of spins.  Any idea what to check?  (The
fluid levels are good and the other wheel  doesn't have this problem.)

I don't know the Hustler brand or what they use for a transmission,
Sunstrand, Vickers, hydrostatic or hydraulic motor.   You should try to
determine the transmission make and serial number and then contact the
customer service people . . Do check for any possibilities of an air leak on
the suction side of the pump, aeration of the fluid, etc.

Tony