Re: underground house electrical supply?

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: underground house electrical supply?
From: Betti Ann & Preston Smith <prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:43:26 -0300
Scott!

MKwe sure taht your trench is at least the minimum depth specified by
the code, that you line the bottom of the trench with the minimum depth
of sand required to cushion the conduit/cable, make sur that you have
the 'correct' expansion joints in your vertical conduits, etc, etc.  In
short, once you start the burying process you come up against a whole
bunch of different code rules (national, state, and municipal) that must
be complied with.  Also you will need extra inspections because the
electrical inspector will want to measure the depth of the trench before
he gives you the go ahead to dump in the sand, inspect the depth of sand
before you can lay the conduit/cable, inspect the layer of fill
immediately above the conduit/cable befoe giving you the go ahead to
back fill the trench, etc.  The code is the bible that the inspectors
really love to apply when trenches are involved.

Of course, in area maybe there is no problem

Preston

--
Betti Ann & Preston Smith
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada