Re: Shop Update

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Shop Update
From: "Dan Harris" <daharris@interlog.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:22:17 -0400
> >The 2 part epoxy that Home Depot sells (Rustoleam brand).  It that any
> >good?  I've priced a bunch of other floor coatings and it adds up quick.

I am just finishing my workshop addition. I had the floors finished by
someone I know who does this all the time. He put two coats of clear epoxy
followed by a coat of clear urethane. He described it as a "heavy traffic"
treatment. It came out a nice motley green like the green of raw, fresh
concrete. I asked him if it would stand up to rolling my Austin Healey
around on wheel dollies. He said that he could not vouch for the concrete,
but the coating would be fine. So far it is excellent and the Healey has not
marred it at all. I don't know yet about the odd bit of weld spatter. He did
not treat the fresh concrete with acid or anything else, but did insist that
the concrete be left for thirty days, uncovered, to completely cure.

Dan

daharris@interlog.com