Re: Getting hung

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Getting hung
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:17:01 -0400
I tried mightily to keep everything in a drawer toolbox for a long time,
but eventually gave in and decided I needed a pegboard for some stuff like:

1) big flat long stuff that would require buying the $7000 snap-on box
(like really long screwdrivers).

2) stuff that I grabbed first/all the time, and that spent very little time
in the box (drop light, etc.)

3) non-auto/bike stuff that just seemed not to belong in the box (hammers,
etc.  and we were remodeling a house at the time and I got tired of
cleaning the drywall dust out of the drawers.)

4) a basic set of things the wife was likely to grab when she was about to
screw something up while I was at work (screwdrivers, etc.).  I didn't want
her to have to look through a box, because I'm a nice guy (and I'm sticking
to that story).

but the pegboards I remember from a kid were awful, and there were threads
here about remedies for the hooks popping out (which led me to believe that
things hadn't improved), so I bought the metal pegboard system from griots'
garage.  no complaints so far, if you've got to have a pegboard this is the
best solution I've seen so far.

scott