Re: Oil change interval for synthetic oil

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Oil change interval for synthetic oil
From: "Bill Engle, Sr." <whesr@iglou.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:04:02 -0400
Because they are made out of treated paper and they start to disintegrate
before they are replaced.  BMW has acknowledged that is a problem.

The long term oil change intervals are based on limiting the number of
trips to the dealer for the first owner, and the expense to the
manufacturer on cars that include maintenance, ie BMW.  If it lasts till
the warranty is up they don't worry about it.