Re: Oil change interval for synthetic oil

To: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Oil change interval for synthetic oil
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:13:24 -0400
Many new cars have much longer service intervals than many are used to.
  My five year old Jetta calls for oil changes every 10,000 miles.  Oils
and manufacturing tolerances have gotten much better.  Unless I run the
engine in anger I am not inclined to change any car's oil at greater
than 5,000 mile intervals.  Especially with a quality synthetic.

~Paul