Re: Critter Control

To: dgcole01@bellsouth.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Critter Control
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:37:58 -0500
>Speaking of critters......
>What's the best way to get rid of squirrels?  Any commercial products out
>there?  Ideas?  I have a couple of large pecan trees.  Looks like I will
>have a bumper crop *if* I can keep the squirrels away.  They have been
>hitting them heavily so far.  Many, many cuttings on the ground of green
>pecans.  It's not many of the critters, prob 4-5, but they are doing some
>damage.
>
>  I live in a subdivision, so the .22 cal or 16 ga. is out.  I don't care
>if I just run them off, kill them etc.  Just want my pecans left alone.

Spray the tree with hot pepper sauce.  The 4-footed critters will steer
clear.  Won't affect the birds.

If your trees are a significant distance from other trees, the metal bands
around the trunks have a chance of working.

Trapping or poisoning the animals is probably just as illegal as shooting
them.