Critter Control

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Critter Control
From: LSAPEX@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:22:51 EDT
Found this on the net looking for info to get rid of chipmunks around my
house.
I didn't want to have them dying in the walls of the house.
It's so simple and it works. 5 chipmunks and one mouse in the last few days.

Chipmunk swimming pool

<<The swimming pool is a five gallon bucket half full of water with the
surface covered in sunflower seeds (they float). There is a diving board that
is a
1 by 6 board that has some seeds sprinkled on it. The chipmunk eats the seeds
on the board gets to the end and dives into the sunflower seed. Unfortunately
he can't swim. I don't mind the holes in the flower beds as much as the
tunnels dug around my foundation and under my concrete walks. >>

The other one I found but haven't tried yet.

<< PEANUT BUTTER. Make a little bag out of old nylons, or some other
permeable material.(Cut a circle about 4 inches in diameter. Put about 1
teaspoon of
peanut butter in the middle. Pull the edges together to make a bag. Wire it
shut.) Smear PB on the outside of the bag for scent. Wire the bag to a rat trap
so the chipmunk will tug on the bag to try to carry it away. Your bait will
last a long time if you use this method. Mouse traps are too small but rat
traps
(the spring kind) work very well and are fast. The little guys don't suffer.
Chipmunks are cute until they rip out your house insulation, chew your
electric wiring, destroy the insides of your car, build nests in your air
filter,
eat all your strawberries and snow peas, etc. . . And our cats don't control
them. >>

Cheers.

Les.
apexautoeng.com