RE: car ramps

To: John Niolon <JNiolon@uss.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: car ramps
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:57:35 -0700
Rather than build ramps, I'd go to Wal-Mart, Pep Boys, etc. and buy a
set of Rhino Ramps.  They can usually be had for under $20.  They are
"plastic", but very strong low profile ramps.  I use them for my small
cars since they fit under quite nicely, but I also use them on my 4x4
truck.  They only lift the wheels about 8 inches or so off the ground,
but it's enough to slide under there and change the oil and filter (and
I'm not a skinny person).  They are light enough to move and store when
I'm done with them.  The bottoms spread the load around enough that they
don't dig into the warm blacktop driveway either...

Tim Mullen