trip, was, Re: hello?

To: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>,
Subject: trip, was, Re: hello?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:41:04 -0400
I'll try to come up with something:

this weekend I drove from north florida to delaware and back.  it was the
trip from hell.

I was supposed to pick up a welder and take it back.  I asked the seller
three times for measurements, and each time he said, "I'm sure it'll
fit."  of course I got there and it did not fit.  so now I'm going to have
to go back, I suppose, since shipping ran ~$1000.

but, along the way, I tried to hit a harbor freight.  was
unsuccessful.  either not open yet, or closed already (too early on sunday,
too late on monday).  then there was richmond, va.  was in richmond at 4:00
p.m. on monday, called h.f., asked for directions.  the brainiacs were
unable to direct me from i95 to the store.  three different people
mentioned a chaterham cutoff, but couldn't get past that.  I ended up on a
bridge about 1000 feet up in the air heading towards a toll booth.  I gave
up and headed back.  but before I got too worked up about, I thought I'd
ask those with access to the retail stores: what do they sell
there?  specifically, I wanted some .25 safety wire.  only $8.95, so a good
bargain, but something like $12.00 to ship it without the $50 minimum
order.  just ordered all the filler stuff on the last order, so thought I'd
get it in person.

anyway, right now I'm consoling myself with, 'they probably don't even sell
that in the store.'  but I have to make the same trip again, so before I
sweat it again...do they?

scott