Keeping mice out of the shed

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Keeping mice out of the shed
From: "Mullen, Tim (IIS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:57:10 -0700
> Just wondering if this list is dead, or if there is a pulse.

Okay, since it's a slow period on the list...

I have a storage shed in my back yard for the lawnmower, and yard tools.
Some field mice have decided to take up residence in there.  Which is
not that big a deal, except that I've just started to store a couple of
dirt bikes in there.

How do I keep the mice out.  I don't want to use poison because I back
the woods, and don't really want the possibility of killing some of the
other creatures (or my dogs) that might find the bodies.  I also don't
want to use any traps if I can get away with out them, cause it can get
really unpleasant if you trap one and don't go in there to remove them
for a few weeks...

Any tricks to just repel them?

Something they won't like smell of or something...

Cats are out of the question.

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA