Re: Copper Brake Lines

To: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: Copper Brake Lines
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:34:38 -0400
> As for myself, I've only had to replace brake lines on one car, and
> for that car (an American), I purchased a pre-made set (already
> bent and with the proper fittings) of Stainless Steel lines.  The cost
> for the Stainless was around $180, and the standard lines were
> around $150.
>
> Tim Mullen

Those prebent lines are a great time saver and, as you said, with stainless
you can't go wrong.  It hands down beats those curled cupro-nickel lines
that Moss sells that you have to bend yourself.

For most LBCs, the prebent stainless kits are around $199 ($175ish for OEM
grade prebent steel).  Expect a 6-8 week wait though, the manufacturer
rarely does runs for British cars unless they have a few accumulated orders.
Most of the GM / Ford stuff though they can send out with-in a week.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics