Re: Concrete driveway expansion joint repair/replacement

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Concrete driveway expansion joint repair/replacement
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:54:33 -0700
I have a front walkway with similar problems; I'm up the road from you in
Aberdeen. I pulled out one of the boards a few years ago when I wanted to
run wires for acccent lighting under the walkway. It went back in without
problems, I just tapped it into place with a mallet.

While most of my boards are in good shape, some are rotting out. They don't
look like they're standard thickness, the carpenters who build the walkway
probably ripped a cedar 2x6 or larger stock.  I'm planning to cut
replacements from 4x4 fenceposts. I don't anticipate any fitting problems,
cedar is soft enough for a press fit.