Re: CH compressor question

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CH compressor question
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:51:19 -0400
I knew most of this, except for the part about 15 amp limits through a
conventional outlet. The new compressor was tripping my 15 amp breaker
when it got to about 120 psi. I just got my electrician friend to quote
me on rewiring my garage with duplex 20 amp circuits. Is there a special
outlet sold that can handle this?

220 service will come when I build my real shop. :)

My general thought has been that a motor that is rated for higher
horsepower will run cooler and last longer than one rated at a lower
power. The motor that came from CH is an Emmerson.

BTW, CH has given me no hassle about replacing the compressor with the
broken foot. I suspect it was shipping damage that I didn't notice when
I checked it over the first time. The foot was there, but it was
probably already cracked and then it flew off when I started using it.
My feeling of being cheated was in the oilless vs, oil bath issue. The
compressors I listed in yesterday's email were all oil bath types.

I've had reason to call CH on other occasions and have always been
treated efficiently and courteously.

Jon