Re: weed killer

To: JNiolon@uss.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weed killer
From: wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:59:35 -0400
At 07:59 AM 6/15/2004, you wrote:
>   I'm trying to find a weed killer that works... my weeds laugh hardily
> at Round up and I'm almost convinced it's a fertilizer to them...  any
> recommendations on something that will work ??  That the normal person
> can buy without approval

I've used stuff called "Crossbow";  have to go to an ag supply place, but
anyone should be able to buy it.  The trick with that or RoundUp is to
apply while the plants are actively growing.  Like after a good June
rain.  Later in the summer, or if it gets really dry they sort of go
dormant and the killin' stuff isn't as effective.

You can also by a surfacant additive to mix with it, or I've just used a
couple drops of dish soap.  Helps it stay on the leaves and get absorbed.

   -Wayne