RE: Fixing a leak in an oil pan.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fixing a leak in an oil pan.
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:58:54 -0700
> Is it possible to set the oil on fire in the jeep?

Yup !

>  Is there a better way,
> (That doesn't involve removal of the oil pan?)

My first choice would be to clean the area up with solvent and smear some JB
weld over the hole & surrounding area.  To make it really bullet-proof, you
could coat some fiberglass cloth with JB weld and slap that over the hole,
but I doubt the glass is necessary here.

You could also try the old sheet metal screw & rubber washer trick, but IMO
JB Weld is more likely to work and has less chance of causing other problems
(like flakes of rust into the pan).

Randall