Re: Small Compressor

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: Small Compressor
From: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:39:54 -0400
On Friday 11 June 2004 11:32 pm, Rush wrote:
> Wow, busy list today!
>
> I want a small vertical compressor for my shop. I'm short on cash and
> space.

All I can say is what are you going to do with this compressor?  What is the
max CFM consumption of your tools or blast cabinet?  Figure that out then go
shopping for a compress.  I have a small compress and it runs almost all the
time when I use a blast cabinet.  It is fine for air tools.   I will state
this:

1) Do not get an oilless compressor, too loud, not enough air
2) Get the biggest compressor you can barely afford, wait if you have to
3) As for the space, you are screwed, don't have a solution

One option is a re-furbished compressor if it comes with a factory warranty.
It sucks to get a compressor and need a new/bigger real soon.

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget