Re: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: water pressure, was:Re: Shallow well water pumps
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:10:56 -0600
Hi Scott,

I have lived with 45 - 60 psi water pressure for years. I think you are
going to a lot of trouble for little gain. Yeah - I guess booster pumps
work, but as you outline, a lot of problems.

In round numbers, you will get about 1/2 psi for every foot of
elevation. For the water tower to provide 90 psi it will have to be 180
ft tall plus. The other side is, you will need a 90 psi plus pump to
fill the tower. Water towers are usually used to provide a larger
volume, for short times, than your well can flow. (storage) Same with
your present pressure tank. One uses compressed air, one uses gravity.

Personally, I have never needed to etch glass with a garden hose.

Dave Russell