lawn tractor tires/getting stuck

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: lawn tractor tires/getting stuck
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Ok, I park the damn LT in the shop... :-)

(btw, this list is really, really cool because these types of questions
come up and get answered, along with lots of other "stuff folks that work
in shops typically like to get answers too".  That's pretty long for a
mailing list address though...

Anyway, our yard at the new house gets and seems to stay reasonably wet.
Every time (three so far :-) we've mowed, we've managed to get our 50" cub
cadet lawn tractor stuck somewhere where the lawn is especially wet (to
the point where if you walk on it, your foot sinks in and immediately gets
soaked, but you're also able to walk without loosing your shoes).

I'm wondering if there's ways to improve this.  The LT tires seem to "load
up" pretty easily with wet grass / mud for instance...  That can't be
helping traction.  It'd also be nice if I could, like on my dad's older
Kubota "real" tractor, step down on a pedle to lock the rear diff for a
bit, but I'm guessing that isn't a practical modification to a standard LT
hydrostatic transmission...

Any "been there, done that" advice?

Thanks!

Mark

(who's off to harbor freight tonight to get a come-along to make
un-stucking the LT a bit easier... :-)