Re: Battery Voltages

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: Battery Voltages
From: David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:06:13 -0500
On Apr 14, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Randall Young wrote:

> Call it my Scotch blood, I just can't bring myself to throw away what
> might
> be a perfectly good battery.  I've even found piles with 3 bad
> batteries and
> one brand new, apparently because she got confused and put one of the
> old
> ones back in her CD player along with 3 new ones.

It sounds like you'd recover the cost of a battery charger and a
collection of NiMH batteries pretty quickly.  NiMH cells are much much
better than NiCd cells were.  They've got higher energy storage, are
less fiddley about charging, and last more charge cycles.  And you can
let the charger figure out which are in need  of charging.