Fixing my Spa

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Fixing my Spa
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:37:08 -0700
   I have a HotSprings spa, 110Volt that is about 8 to 10 years old cant
remember exactly when I bought it.  It has been on 24 hours a day for heat
but we have not heavily used it with the jets (meaning the pump has not
been used heavily).

    This weekend it started popping the circuit breaker after running the
jets approximately 20 seconds, it is on a GFCI circuit breaker.  The heater
pump and heater works fine, its just when I turn on the jets pump.  There
is a different sound than usual, more like a electrical humming when the
pump is on but the jets appear fine for maybe 20 seconds and pop.

   I am NOT a electrician, I can take a car apart and even have it run when
I put it back together but very limited electrical knowledge.

    How do I test this out to see what is wrong ?

    I was thinking of buying a new GFCI circuit breaker in case that has
gone bad but its $45 so I would rather test it first.  I cant afford to
start randomly replacing parts hoping to fix it, my neighbor says get a new
pump motor.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/