Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:09:15 -0500
Standard protocol where I boat (Candlewood Lake, Connecticut) is to leave
the boat in the water for the season.  Generally the strategies for lifting
boats out of the water are to try to protect more valuable boats, and cost
more than you are willing to pay.  What is it you're worried about
anyway?  If there aren't any holes in it, it shouldn't sink.  Throw a cover
on it to keep the rain out.  As far as the septic field is concerned, I
think the concern about driving on it is just that it is a bad idea to
compact the soil.  A gentle trip once in a while shouldn't do any major
harm.  I have seen people launch small boats with an ATV.  I've even seen a
guy who uses a large lawn tractor.  Of course, this would only be for a
small boat, with non-challenging grade and conditions.