Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 00:38:20 -0500
   I just bought a modest (ok: beat up) 15 foot fiberglass boat that I
have a 20hp motor I'll be putting on. It came with a good trailer.

   Have a cottage, and now need a way to get it in and out of the water.

   The shorefront is gentle enough, both in and out of the water.
However, I can't drive to my own shorefront... too steep on one side of
the house, septic system on the other which I can't drive over... so I
can never build my own ramp that I can back the car right down to from
the road.

   However, I can use a neighbors boat launch in the spring and fall,
and float around to my waterfront. So I would just like to build
something that would allow me to winch the boat out in and out of the
water between visits.

   (I don't want to leave it floating when I am away for weeks at a
time, and if you saw the boat this makes even more sense!)

   Ideas for something... grapes of wrath style?

   I am wondering about perhaps just walking the trailer down there over
the septic system, laying down some patio stones at the water, then
rigging up something to winch the trailer and boat up and down the patio
stones?

   Or maybe building a wooden ramp, and attempting same?

   Ideas? I'd love to see what the other people on the lake do.. but...
I gotta get my boat in the water to look around first! ;>