Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 02:49:16 -0500
Mark Andy wrote:
> Its probably 100' or so of parallel metal channel that goes down into the
> water and up onto the land, following the shore.  He's got a winch on one
> end, and a cart that rides on the ramp.  You slide the boat up into the
> cart, then winch the cart up onto shore.
>
> He takes the whole thing out in the winter due to ice, etc.

   I've seen an item like that at:

http://www.boatndock.com/cgi-bin/store/00LRF%2dAF%2dLRA32.html

   ...if the URL doesn't work, just go to boatndock.com and hunt in the
left menu for roll-a-rail and view product details.

   Looks fantastic, but price is out of range for me. (it's 10x what my
boat is probably worth!)

   I'd certainly look at building something modest like that if I could.
I was looking at just replacing the track with a ramp made of patio
stones, then I could use the trailer itself as a cart...