RE: Snow blower tire madness

To: Larry list account <list@marketvalue.net>
Subject: RE: Snow blower tire madness
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:57:16 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Larry list account wrote:
> However the easiest solution would be tubes.

This seems to be a theme.

I can certainly put tubes in there, but see below.

> I can tell you I've not taken my wheels apart on my welding tank carrier but
> they sound the same.  To solve the leak issues on those I filled the tires
> with so much air I needed safety glasses to protect me in case of explosion.
> It worked (no, they didn't explode).  I think the extra pressure aided in
> sealing where the valve stem seats in the wheel????

I don't think the tire will handle large air pressure.  Before I
discovered the inner plastic ring that went on the inside of the tire
bead, the tire just blew up and off the rim at low (like 15 psi) pressure.

Is a flexi-flyer bead an issue if I'm using tubes?  I was under the
impression that a tube setup depended on a strong-ish bead to keep the
tire on the rim, etc...

Mark