RE: Snow blower tire madness

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Snow blower tire madness
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:52:55 +0000
Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>   wrote

>So are there any ways to make this easier?  Can I (crazy thought though it
>may be) weld the rim halves together to make one actual air tight rim,
>then put a tire on it?  Do they make some sorta snow blower tires that
>don't require air in the first place?

Sounds like a job for foam filling. I've seen filled tyres offered as a
complete item but never been able to track down anyone providing a filling
service. They must exist.

Got a similar problem with jockey wheels on a pickup mower. Not quite so
finicky but still bad enough. We use tubes in them.

Good luck.

Nick