driveway?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: driveway?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:48:21 -0500
I'm hoping somebody here's done this--

right now our driveway is just a dirt path.  I'm hoping to lay brick
pavers.  I've seen the ones at home depot and wonder if they're suitable
for vehicular traffic.  likewise, I've read several articles and masonry
books about paver walkways, but they never mention driveways.

I'm thinking the base should be better prepared, or deeper, or something,
in order to stand up to the weight of a car vs. that of a person, and maybe
the pavers should be thicker, or made from stronger concrete.

per my rant last month, I'll be doing this myself.  advice, been there's, etc.?

thanks.

scott