Re: Tables saw for a newbie

To: "GA Carnut" <gacarnut@hotmail.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tables saw for a newbie
From: "Harold Pulcher" <pulcher@killercomputing.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:10:51 -0600
I am a newbie myself.  Well compared to the folks around here anyways. :)

I purchased myself a Rigid Portable table saw about a year ago.   I will
admit that it is not as portable as some of the other portables out there,
but I have been very happy with it.  The fence that comes with it is a bit
beefier than that standard portable.

I have not had a real problem man handling a full sheet of plywood through
it.  The table size is a much larger than the most other portables.

Don't know if I got a good thing or not, but I am currently very happy with
it.  I am pretty sure that if I ever upgrade to a full cabinet saw, I will
see the error in my ways. :)

Harold