Re: Tables saw for a newbie

To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tables saw for a newbie
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:57:06 -0500
Hi Randall,

Looks like a router mounted upside down in a table with a fence.

The spindle is much thicker (1/2" or 3/4") and takes much bigger bits.
Bits big enough to "route" the taper on a raised panel cabinet door. The
spindle is belt driven by a motor mounted vertically on the back of the
  shaper cabinet. The spindle is usually reversible -- wire the motor so
it turns either clockwise or counter-clockwise.

I used it to make the raised panel doors, and the door/window moldings.
The raised panel wainscoting is something like raised panel cabinet
doors mounted on the walls.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/delt/de43355.htm?L+coastest+xnmh0729ff22e622+1071015505
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/tool-woodshaper.html
http://www.router-bits-shaper-cutters.com/information/fsc.cfm