Re: Salamanders..

To: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Salamanders..
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:06:00 -0800
> A)Which type stinks less?

They just Stink Different, to paraphrase the Apple ads.

> B)Is there any noticeable difference in the amount of moisture each
> produces?

The propane will produce more moisture, in my experience renting both
types to contractors.

> C)Any other pros and cons for each type?

The kerosene heater will probably cost less to run, but (and it's a big
but) if the nozzle fouls, you can soot up the inside of a building in a
hurry.

As Larry Hoy mentioned, noise is a consideration, and a radiant propane
would be nearly silent. The radiant would also cost next to nothing to
operate. This is because it only heats the objects it is aimed at. It
doesn't heat the air, and is highly efficient as a result.

Electric radiant heaters are nice, also. I use one in my garage. Again,
you either move the heater or take the work to the heater, because it
only gets warm in the direct rays of the heater.

- Bill Rabel
   Wet Spot Garage