hf welding helmets

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: hf welding helmets
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:50:41 -0800
Don,

I've got a single shade, solar operated H.F.  it's light, flips down easily
when I nod and works well with my wire machines..  I tend to leave it down
sometimes when grinding and the hot sparks sometimes darken it...  I've used
it for several hours at a time and never had a problem with my eyes aching or
itching from exposure...  I'd go for it...

I've also used the more expensive ones and I can't tell the difference other
than the adjustability... and they were heavier and make my neck hurt quicker

Santa is coming... have him bring along a new helmet for you... you've been a
good boy now haven't you ?

john