Re: How to oil air tools?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to oil air tools?
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:44:18 -0500
i don't like the auto-oilers because the oil leaks out when you're not
using them and depending on how you've got the tool hanging, it either all
ends up on the floor or in the tool.  also, oil will travel towards the
a/c, contaminating the lines from the tool end.

just a few drops up the snout works fine.

teflon tape is fine.  just wrap the threads and start 1/16" from the edge.

At 11/07/2003 at 17:16, Shakespearean monkeys danced on john niolon's
keyboard and said:

>You can also use a "auto oiler" that you fill with oil then place inline
>with the tool.  One caution... if you do this you'll contaminate the line
>for painting...  I made mine up with the connectors M/F so the hose clips on

Cheers!