Re: How to oil air tools?

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: How to oil air tools?
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:16:54 -0800
Don

you can buy "air tool" oil at Harbor Freight or any tool dealer.  I prefer
Marvel Mystery brand...but only cause I like their stuff in general...
really any light viscosity oil will do what is necessary...

I don't know about every day... I don't oil mine on the days I don't use
them...would take all the fun out of vacation having to run home and oil my
impact wrench :-)

Put a drop or two in the air intake connection before connecting the line.
The more you put... the more will blow out the exhaust on your hands,
clothes, tools, car..... whatever

You can also use a "auto oiler" that you fill with oil then place inline
with the tool.  One caution... if you do this you'll contaminate the line
for painting...  I made mine up with the connectors M/F so the hose clips on
the input of the oiler and it in turn plugs directly into the tool...  It
oils a little too much for my taste so I usually take it out of line in a
few minutes.  it does mist the oil for better distribution.   You can find
them at H.F. and most Campbell Hausfield dealers... Home depot, Lowes etc

You won't ruin your tools if you don't oil them EVERY time , but they do
need lubrication and  a water free air supply....  Water will do more damage
(IMO) than lack of lub..

john