Re: Cleaning the gutters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning the gutters
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:14:55 -0400
Quoting Wayne Farrington <w.farrington@verizon.net>:

> Just got done cleaning out the gutters on my shop. There are large numbers
> of
> trees all around the shop that deposit their pine needles, leaves, branches
> etc in the gutters, and the gutters fill up quite rapidly. I've tried two
> different grating inserts that are supposed to prevent the debris from
> getting
> into the gutter. Both of them just made the problem worse, so I've come to
> the
> conclusion that I just need to clean the gutters more frequently I guess.

I've used a home-made attachment for my leaf blower (actually it is the motor
from a shop-vac that converts to a leaf blower).

I used two 10' lengths of plastic pipe. Cut off about 18" from one of the pipes
and attached a 45 degree fitting to make a looong 'J' shaped contraption -
either ~10' or ~18' long as needed. With this I could reach the gutters and
blow out the debris (wait for a dry day - DAMHIK).

I did see 'ready-made' attachments at the warehouse store (Lowe's) but my
frugal (OK... cheap) side liked mine better.

Eric