RE: Lifts - shipping?

To: "'Wayne Farrington'" <w.farrington@verizon.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lifts - shipping?
From: Gil Fuqua <gil.fuqua@cci-ir.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:16:20 -0500
The lift will probably be delivered in an enclosed truck to the terminal
where it will be unloaded and stored for you to pick it up.  Due to the
length of the lift, they will probably pick up one end of the lift with the
forklift and drag it off the truck.  In order for a forklift to pick up the
entire package, they would need one with long enough arms to fit inside the
lift package from the end and pick up the long package, much as a forklift
picks up a roll of carpet...it needs a long boom to handle the length/load.

You might check with the trucking company in advance to see what kind of
lift down to ground level and set it on your trailer.  This would be easier
than starting at dock height.

You might also be able to put a chain around one end of the package and loop
it around the boom of the forklift to set it in the trailer from either
ground level or dock height...but you better bring your own chain based on
my experience with the local truck companies.

Gil