RE: Setting up the Ideal Shop - What are the requirements?

To: Wayne Farrington <w.farrington@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Setting up the Ideal Shop - What are the requirements?
From: "Madurski, Ronald M" <ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 18:17:05 -0400

        [>]  What kind of heating do you have?  I am going to go with overhead
radiant since I can't see going to the expense of putting it into the floor
only to have it crushed by dropping something huge and sharp in the wrong place
:-)

> Third would be lack of a floor drain in the center of the shop. I do mostly
> race car fabrication and maintenance in this shop. I would like the ability
> to wash down the floor and make clean up easier.

        [>]  I am struggling with this one.  I have 2 drains in my garage which
are nice for the cars to drain rain/snow/slush into (not that they are ever in
the garage long enough to take advantage of that) but I have dropped small
pieces into them before and the covers keep cracking.

> The number one piece of advice I can offer is to keep the damn personal and
> lawn and garden crap out of the shop. That kind of stuff is non-productive
> and takes up huge amounts of space. Build yourself two or three 10x10 sheds
> and keep all the bicycles, lawnmowers, basketballs etc in there. Keep it out
> of the shop....

        [>]  Might have trouble convincing the wife that I need ANOTHER
building in the yard :-)
        [>]

        Ronald M. Madurski
Lockheed Martin Information Technologies
304 625 2269
ronald.m.madurski@lmco.com