Re: oh oh, what is wrong with my motor

To: "Mike Rambour" <mikey@b2systems.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oh oh, what is wrong with my motor
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 05:24:59 -0500
Hmmm that would be a piece of cake if that was the only problem.... it's a
standard maintenence item on a race car.... I check the backlash on the
valves everytime I run it....

Finding the bad one is going to be a piece of cake....it's going to be
Obviously loose.... snatch the valve covers... ( as I recall the late models
have rubber that goes right back on with no requirement for new gaskets )
and grab the tip of the rockers ( valve side ) on the springs that are Not
compressed...   ( just into the compression stroke ) the one that is bad is
going to be loooooose as a goose...  that's the one you replace... ( less
then an hour job )  I'm wanting to know that the metal associated with this
isn't in the engine oil system, and that's going to be the hard part....

If it's bad at 36,400 miles I'm still thinking Gm knows they have a problem
and will replace it for FREE...

Keith