Re: Air compressors from www.menintools.com

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air compressors from www.menintools.com
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:29:25 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Since we're talking about air compressors....

What are the advantages / disadvantages of the V vs. Parallel cylinder
arrangements?  I've heard the V compressor (like the 7.5hp 2 stage IR 2475
that sells for around $1600) cools better and can have longer life...

Anyone got specific model recommendations for a two stage compressor with
similar or slightly lower specs to the IR 2475 with the 7.5hp motor?  I've
been thinking that the IR 5hp 60/80 gallon two stagers may not really want
to keep up with me, which is why I'm looking at a big more capacity...

Cost, noise level, and reliability are my main issues, in no particular
order.

Thanks!

Mark