RE: Bonneville security question

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bonneville security question
From: <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:53:09 -0400
eric@megageek.com [mailto:eric@megageek.com] wrote:

> The problem:  When she goes to start the car sometimes, the
> starter will not engage.  A "Security" light comes up on the
> dash and she needs to wait for it to turn off before she can
> try to start it again. <...>

No experience with this problem, but often a low battery can cause
problems with security systems.  It sounds like the problem is
with the security system and not the starter, etc.

It might be as simple as the STS "monkeys" left the doors, etc.
open while working on the car, and ran the battery down somewhat.
I'd suggest putting it on a charger and topping off the battery
to see if that helps...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA