RE: Paint sprayer recommendation

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Paint sprayer recommendation
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:23:04 -0800
> > I added 1/2 cup of water to a new gallon of exterior latex today
> > and that seemed to work better.
>
> Wagner did sell a special orifice for latex.
>
> Do they still sell it?
>
> Are you using it?

If I read the instructions right, the orifice has been replaced by the swirl
valve (which forms an orifice where it seats against the spray nozzle); and
the one that comes with the unit is for "latex and oil-base paints".  If
there's a special one just for latex, they don't mention it.  There is an
optional swirl valve for spraying lacquer (which isn't likely to ever be a
concern for me).

> 2 packs of the atomizer valves are $1.99 from Harbor Freight.

Thanks, Brian.  There's an HF outlet only a few miles away, I'll look for
the valves next time I'm there.  They don't carry everything of course, but
it's a good excuse to browse for awhile.

Did you know there's also one on PCH in Lomita ?

Randall