RE: Paint sprayer recommendation

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Paint sprayer recommendation
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:53:14 -0800
Just a follow-up to this, based on Brian and Nolan's advice, I bought a
top-of-the-home-line Wagner for $130 at Home Depot (My Wally mart didn't
seem to have them.)

It's not perfect, I've no doubt a $1000 airless is far better, but so far it
seems adequate for my needs.  It does seem happier with the paint thinned
just a bit, I added 1/2 cup of water to a new gallon of exterior latex today
and that seemed to work better.  Still doesn't throw as tight a pattern as I
think it should, I get a band over 1" wide on each side of the pattern that
is not full coverage, so perhaps I need to play with the adjustments some
more.  But, I've put two coats of paint on my first project (foundation for
a small shed) and I'm happy with the results.  Cleanup is pretty easy too,
as long as you get right on it.

Note that the instructions call for a part to be replaced every 7-8 gallons
of paint.  Haven't checked yet how much it costs.

My thanks to everyone who responded.

Randall