Random comments

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Random comments
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:25:43 -0500
First off, there are a few comments and a few questions here...

1- "GearWrenches"=  I just bought the metric and standard sets of these
wrenches and I must say.  I totally sold on them!  They are ratcheting box
wrenches that are the normal size of a box wrench (and they are
reversible.)  The finish, the quality, everything is top notch (including
the price.)  I got the metric set for $130 and the standard set for $95.
(less wrenches in the standard set)  I'll let you know how they hold up in
long term use.  (FWIW, the have a lifetime guarantee)

2-Placing linoleum tiles on concrete.  I've got those "peel and stick"
tiles that I wanted to put on straight concrete. They don't stick due to
the surface grit (no matter how good I clean them).  I was thinking of
putting a tile adhesive down they the tiles.  Any thoughts?

3-The horizontal/vertical bandsaw from Harbor Freight...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37151

(I got it for $169.99 and free shipping.)  Isn't a great piece so far.
It's really small. (but the capacity for cutting is there)  The motor
seems under powered.  I'm going to check all the tensions and such and try
again.  I mostly got it so I don't have to get metal chips on my wood band
saw.  (for the price, it seems worth it.)

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.