Window replacement

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Window replacement
From: "Wayne" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:14:36 -0800
Well, it finally happened. After 20 plus years of home ownership I locked my
keys in the house and had to break a window to get in. Ya I know, I should
have a key hidden somewhere....... Thankfully the alarm was not set (had just
walked up to the mailbox).

So, I measure the window and head off to HD only to find that the window is
not a standard size. Of course not, that would be to easy. I will need to make
the window opening a bit wider. This wouldn't be to bad of job if it were not
for the fact that the entire window frame and wall is done in tile. Of course
the bottom of the window is going to line up right in the center of a row of
the tiles. Thought about having a custom sized window made but don't think it
is worth it for this application (garage window).

So, how do I go about evenly cutting and removing the tile such that it would
cause the least disturbance of the surrounding tile? Maybe a circular saw with
a tile blade set to a minimum cutting depth?

Wayne