Re: Cutting blocks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cutting blocks
From: Don Tiana <dstiana@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:47:39 -0800
I do apologize, I sent this out earlier and (brain faded) forgot to edit
my reply....dt

FYI, In my neck of the woods welding of rebar is prohibited by code,
only wire tying is acceptable. Chances are you'll be ok.....you don't
live
in an earthquake area I hope.
If you do use your circular saw for scoring any masonry get something
like an old foam wet/dry vac filter with a light coating of oil and wrap
it
around the vents of the motor, otherwise the dust will get sucked inside
and really do a number on the bearings. It beats having to take it apart
and clean it afterwards.

Don Tiana
Topanga Cyn., CA.
818.591.3008
dstiana@juno.com
Still searching for that  H-Mod Lotus Eleven #109