Cutting blocks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Cutting blocks
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 18:02:03 -0800
   I am building a wood burning Pizza oven and have poured my slab (first
time with concrete) and now I need to build it up.  It looks simple enough,
concrete blocks on a slab with a roof.

   I am using what Home Depot calls "Slump blocks", its a cinder block like
thing but rough edged and yellow, kind of like Stucco.  The back wall is
going to be my problem, can I have 2" inches of mortar between the bricks ?
or do I need to cut them ? No one (but my dog and sometimes me) will see
the back wall, so is it OK to have that much mortar between them ? The only
other option is to cut a block for each row to about 12"

   I have a skill saw that I could put on a diamond blade but no masonry
type tools.

   Mike

p.s. Like I said its my first concrete project, my neighbor had a good
laugh when he saw me welding up the rebar for a 55"X59" slab. he mentioned
something about Junkyard wars overkill.

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/