RE: Need speednuts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Need speednuts
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:50:12 -0800
> I need to buy some 10mm speednuts.  You know, the things that
> slip over the
> edge of sheet metal and provide a captive nut.  My son needs them
> for some
> stuff he is replacing on his Jeep.  Probably trim type pieces.
>
> He has tried all the large hardware suppliers around here.  Any
> suggestions
> for an online source for small hardware?  Preferably without a
> huge shipping
> charge for small orders.

My favorite for things I can't find locally is McMaster-Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/

No minimum order, ISTR minimum S&H is $5 although it may have gone up.

However, I'd first try an auto parts place (Pep Boys, NAPA, etc.), or even a
Jeep dealer.  Ask for "J nuts", "U nuts" or "clip nuts".  They've fairly
tolerant of size mismatches, so a 3/8" would probably take a M10 bolt.

Randall